Friday, May 29, 2009

Up to 12 weeks now

I hadn't told my wife about my silent moments with God, yet. But I when I did tell her, I learned that she, too, had lifted her prayers to God...
Beside the fact that my wife was so exhusted she could barely get herself out of bed every morning, things have been going pretty okay. We were counting down the days until our 12 week appointment.
In the mean time we talked with our daughter, alot, about the babies to come. And about how much we love her, and that she is our first child and there is a special place in our hearts for her. I'm not sure if that was convincing enough, because she still wasn't excited, it was as if we had been talking about how nice the the yard looked, or that her room was messy. Still though, I think we have gotten through to her about how good of a big sister she will be.
On another note, our dog, doesn't seem to give a rats about the babies (it could be that she doesn't really know whats coming), but we talk to her about it too. I mean soon enough they will be pulling at her ears and trying to ride her like the petting zoo pony. (we'll have to get a picture of that one). As for our cats, well they hardly care that we live in the same house as them. As long as we don't skimp on the cat food or kitty litter.
The morning of the 12th week appontment was, again, nerve racking. We were worried that the vanishing twin syndrom had happened, and somehow, one of our babies wasn't with us anymore. We thought it was just going to be a hear the heartbeat appointment. The doctor came in and said that sometimes it can be hard to hear both heartbeats, so she skipped the chase and brought it the big dog-hello ultrasound machine.
It was then that we saw our babies for the third time, only they had grown- much much bigger. They were both about 2.5 inches- and they were kicking or maybe it was punching, but boy did it seem like they were having a good ol' time in there. (I wonder if they will do that-punch eachother-once they make their way out?)
My wife's tummy is already huge. My unle's wife is pregnant, 20 weeks along, and my wife looks about the same as her.
By the way we have nick named them "flipper" and "bubbles" and also the "wigglets" (the ladder one is not my doing...)
I think we're in for a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment