Monday, June 29, 2009

One Day, All the Days Gone so Quickly

In this moment in time I am encompased in the illusion that my life is more than a moment in time and that it will exist in all moments of time. For the days continue to pass and my illusion continues. What is time really? The bible had an interesting idea of time, but the structure of our days does not provide the extension of our years. So, if I have no control of time, then I suppose that I then, only have control over life. There are two new lives growing inside my wife, for which I am responsible for. We dreamed of them together before they were conceived and we loved them before we knew they existed. Did I dream them into life? (isn't there a song about that?) I suppose when you take into account the fact of time, I did, or rather we did, dream them into life. And just as quickly as we have dreamed of them, I live each day with both hope and a smidge of fear. I hope for their safety, I even pray for it. I am fearful of a negative event, although I have no grounds to base the fear on. But that is what time can do to you- bring you hope, fear or both. As time goes on, the days move more quickly than I even imagined. humm... so then actual time is not the factor, it is our dreams that keep us alive in all the moments of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment