Thursday, June 11, 2009

We've made it 14 weeks!

Today is the marker of 14 weeks, and just 4 days before Jess's and I's 1 year wedding anniversary. The last week has been pretty stressful, me trying to finish up everything for school, our 8 year old finished 2nd grade, and Jess is still tired to the bone. But still its worth every moment of it and we are counting down the days until our next opportunity to see the little mates at which time we will get to find out their genders. I've got my fingers crossed for one boy and one girl, Jess thinks two girls, and her mom thinks two boys. Either way I will be thrilled, because the more and more I think about it, these two are real gifts.
I thought that we would have a really hard time getting pregnant. And while it did take several months for us to be able to put it all together, we were blessed with it working the first time. I go back and forth about feeling at odds with being born in the wrong body, mostly because my wife had to go through so much to get pregnant. But as I begin to think about it, our story really is no different than so many other couples trying to get pregnant. And in the scheme of things, we had it pretty easy. I mean, we didn't have to do IVF, and Lord knows it would have been years before we could have afforded a cycle of that. So, then I've concluded that indeed this is the way things were suppose to go all along. This was the right timing. We went to church a few weeks back the someone sang "He's an on time God." How true.

No comments:

Post a Comment