Monday, August 17, 2009

I've been neglecting the Blog

We are nearing 24 weeks, which is a marker for us, although I continue to wonder exactly why it is a marker. Yes, at 24 weeks there is a viability possibility; my girls have a chance at life in 3 days. The chances are slim, but slim is better than none. Every day after 24 weeks brings them closer to a healthy life.
I've been wondering why I haven't been writing and it dawned on me that there has been a LOT of events that have taken place in the last 6 weeks. My wife went to the hospital twice, the last one was a real scare-contractions every 2-3 minutes; she was pumped up with meds to stop them and placed on bed rest. I wondered how I was going to support my family, heck I was stressing about it. I applied for jobs at Target, Fredmeyer, and several other places- I just wanted to be able to provide for my family. I also prayed: for the health of my girls, my wife, and a new job. I interviewed for two state jobs already, but hadn't heard back. The Monday following the hospital event became a day that lifted so much stress off my shoulders and I knew, then, that God has been listen to me. In the morning, I received a job offer from a state job that will have a flexible schedule-I can work early in the morning to the early afternoon-so I wont miss much of my girl's growing up. This job also provides full family benefits. After I found this out, I also found out that my wife's cervix had stretched and she was taken off of bed rest! So, we would be able to save more and be better prepared for the arrival of our girls.
In the last week I was able to feel my girls kicking, which made me have sympathy for my wife, because they really kick the heck out of her!
Although I continue to be concerned about how we are going to manage everything, I can't help but smile ear to ear when I think about seeing Jocelyn and Adelyn...but not for a few more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment